Friday 26 November 2010

END OF THE ESP COURSE SELF - ASSESSMENT


ESP VOCABULARY TEST

In my opinion, ESP vocabulary tests was one of the most difficult tasks, because I should learn a lot information and write definitions in exactly words they were written in module. So it was one of the reasons why there was a contrast in my ESP vocabulary tests results. But altogether I think that it was interesting and, what is more, necessary for my future studies.

WRITING A SUMMARY

I think that summary writing was one of the most interesting and easiest tasks. I used to write summaries quite good, but there were still some grammar and stylistic mistakes sometimes. Still, I have really enjoyed and succeeded in writing them.

ONLINE EXERCISES – MULTIPLE CHOISE & FILLING IN BLANKS

This task was new at third term of ESP course. I enjoyed it and take it as helpful and important task, because it helped to rehears information for ESP tests and exam. What is more, if something was difficult to understand, you could find new explanation or definition for word or term and know how to define it in other words.

MOODLE TESTS

MOODLE tests was not as difficult as ESP tests, as we could do them at home so it was partly enjoyable task, but still there were some difficulties. First problem was that we should know module‘s information very well. Another reason was difficult understanding of some questions which were composed quit complicated.

TRADITIONAL LISTENING TO CASSETTES

I made no progress in that type of activity in university, because I had much more practice while studying at school. A big part of the listening tasks were quite hard and difficult for me. I think that my performance in listening tasks was not very good and the main cause was that I cannot hear the relevant information. On the other hand, I think that I had improved my listening skills a little bit during ESP classes.

POWER POINT PRESENTATIONS

As I have said before, Power Point Presentations is the most interesting task. Themes were interesting and original, so i could do my best and say what I think about things I was talking about, about reasons why I chosen exactly that theme. Despite this fact, it was a little bit stressful and unenjoyable to talk in front of all people but interesting to answer questions of them.

SPEAKING IMPROMPTU

First of all, I can say that speaking impromptu was the most helpful and informative task, because you can say your opinion, hear other people‘s ideas and discuss with peers about psychology, life or future. On the other hand, usually we used to talk about modules, we have read at home, so it was difficult to say a lot of information and talk about theme you are sometimes not interested on. So i think that my speaking about psychology skills was improved a little bit.

SHORT TALKS (READY – MADE SPEECH)

Last but not a least thing, i want to talk about is short talks. This task was a little bit difficult and stressful but, on the other hand, it was very informative and helpful. First of all, themes were different so i could choose the most interesting for me. Also they were not usual, for example we should talk about disorders and behaviour, so I get a lot of information about Antisocial Personality Disorder. I think that I was quite good at this task and it helped me to improve my speaking skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment